Members of the NHA staff participated in two separate Housing Lobby Days in 2017. They helped to inform members of the Oregon state legislature on a number of affordable housing and tenant protections bills under consideration during the current legislative session.
NHA is committed to supporting legislation that helps people and families maintain safe, affordable housing. In 2017, we are working with our peers to support the following agenda items:
- Meet emergency needs across Oregon
- Protect the four in ten Oregon households who rent their homes
- Increase our supply of safe, stable, and affordable housing
- Protect existing affordable housing through critical investments
- Protect existing homeowners and help to create new homeowners across Oregon
For a detailed list of the bills being considered and regular legislative updates, check out the Oregon Housing Alliance website.